[access-uk] Re: O.T Constructive Discrimination

Well done! I'm so please for you. It's appalling how society treats us
disabled customers, as being "useless", when in fact it's completely
untrue. Yes, we may not be able to do everything that abled people can
do, but we can do most of the everyday things, for example shopping and
laundery. So well done for that, and I wish you the best of luck in your
future of your job.
On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 20:20:46 +0100, "Andy Logue"
<andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> said:
> Hi all.
>
> Some list members may recall, around 20 months ago, I wrote to this list
> on
> several issues relating to my treatment from Argyll and Bute Council,
> after
> I had secured a Social Workers post with them.  One of the messages
> concerned a Risk Assessment on me which concluded that as a blind worker,
> should not be located on any floor other than the ground.  Well, as I
> said,
> there were  a good few similar issues between the time when I got the
> job,
> January 04 and when I was sacked on May 6, without commencing in my post.
> Well, I took the authority to the Employment Tribunal in Glasgow and the
> Disability Rights Commission took over the funding after a few months.
> This
> afternoon I received a letter from my lawyer advising that my case
> against
> the authority was successful.  I will have to wait a little while longer
> before I'm told how much compensation I will receive, but it's just
> fantastic to have won my case.  With a bit of luck, it will be all over
> the
> papers up hear so perhaps Local Authorities will finally accept that
> discrimination  of disabled people will simply not be tolerated any
> longer.
>
> Best wishes.
> Andy

  Christopher Hallsworth