[access-uk] Re: O2 users

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 10:16:50 -0000

Hi Derek

I thought, if you were on O2 Pay-As-You-Go, you received a balance after
each text you sent, something that drove me mad when I was a top-up customer
for a short time many moons ago.

But speaking of O2, here is a further update to my story of recent days
regarding the phone they lost and an iPhone they gave me as a replacement.

Yesterday, O2 Head Office called following the letter I had written them and
Area Manager  after the advice from Trading Standards to do so.

The gentleman I spoke with was extremely nice and apologetic.  The outcome
is that he is putting two months line rental onto my account, and has also
unlocked my iPhone.  He told me that if I synchronised it with iTunes, it
would be unlocked.  I did this, but haven't been able to work out if it is
unlocked as I don't have a micro SIM card to put into the phone.

Anyway, he said he valued my custom, thought I'd received a bad service, and
would be investigating it at any rate.

I'm pleased with what I received, and am getting there with the iPhone,
slowly! (smile).

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability