[access-uk] Re: Norton 2004

  • From: Wally.Harding@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:23:09 +0100

Derek, you wrote:

How do I  route jaws to PC

Wally says:

Use insert+jaws cursor key. the jaws cursor key is the top right key of the
number pad.

To switch back to the PC cursor use the long key below the jaws cursor key
which is the plus key.

You continue:

and as a Braille user (I am Deafblind) are the rest of the instructions same
 for Braille users.

Wally writes:

Yes, they should be, but if there are any differences, I'm not aware of
them.

You continue:

Just as matter of interest do you normally recommend your customers to
set manual updates, or automatic.

Wally writes:

In the past before windows XP, the automatic live update, when enabled on a
jaws machine, used to cause a problem with curnal32, resulting in a blue
screen of death at worst, so automatic updates were disabled then. since
testing this feature under XP the problem doesn't seem to occur any more so
using it isn't a problem.

when installing Norton on PC's I now leave it set it to automatically update
the software behind the scenes.

Wally Harding
RNIB Hi-tech support

>2. When the Norton window opens, this may take a few seconds, tab until you
>get to options and press enter.
>
>3. route jaws to PC and then press page up once.

How do I  route jaws to PC
and as a Braille user (I am Deafblind) are the rest of the instructions same
 for Braille users.

Just as matter of interest do you normally recommend your customers to
set manual updates, or automatic.

Regards,
Derek

e-mail: derek.hornby_uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx