[access-uk] Re: Nokia N97 and Talks/Mobile Speak

  • From: "Hussein Patwa" <accessuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 22:43:24 -0000

Hi,

This forum post gives a brief VI user review of the N97.  I'm sure you'll
get some grins out of it as well:
//www.freelists.org/post/talks-uk/Nokia-N97,7

The N97 does work on Talks, however some parts may have limited
accessibility. On that point, note that Nuance are not all that good at
updating their list of supported phones.  A friend and I have been playing
around with newer ones for a time, and often the support is 100% if not very
close to it, yet it is not listed on the site.  I suppose one could say this
is a security mechanism to prevent people complaining of false advertising.

This post relates to MobileSpeak on the N97.  Note again here the lack of
total accessibility is highlighted.  If the N97 uses the same Symbian OS
version as the E75 (which my fuzzy mind can't recall at the moment and my
contact who has one isn't answering his phone) I can tell you for definite
that parts of the calendar, e-mail and the help system won't work at all.

The best thing you could do is buy an N97 and return it within the 14 day
returns period.  Install Talks and Mobilespeak on it in turns and try them
out.  In my experience most networks are fine about you returning a product
due to a found accessibility issue.  Alternatively, borrow a friend's for
the day.  However, I do find from experience that MobileSpeak seems to have
more unresolved bugs in it than the Nuance equivalent.

HTH.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.

Hussein Patwa
Tel: 0789 47 595 62 (UK)
Tel: +44 (0)122 4433 954  (SIP)
Skype: patwaspotterfan2
GoogleTalk: thewanderingwriter
Web: www.patwanet.co.uk
My Blog: http://patwaspotterfan.livejournal.com

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510013486

Please note: For security reasons calls from witheld numbers may not be
connected.  Please release your number so it can be viewed prior to calling.
Contact your telephone service provider for advice on how to do this if
required.  All calls may be recorded for fact verification.

DISCLAIMER:
This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive
information and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s).  Copying or
distribution in any form is not permitted without the prior consent of the
sender.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
any attachments from your system and notify the sender immediately.  Thank
you for your co-operation.

Protect our trees; Do not print unless absolutely necessary.  Save paper by
deleting sections of the message which are not relevant.