[access-uk] Re: Nokia N86

Nokia don't really believe in high megapixel cameras, that is why the Nokia N86
has been the only one to date and late at that.  Comparing it with my old N95
camera they may have a point because whilst I admittedly made non-scientific
tests the difference is not as great as one may expect.  Also compared it
against my Canon IXUS which has slightly less resolution but the optics and
flash make the thing a much better camera still than the N86.  However the N86
camera has been optimised somewhat for low light conditions which makes it
quite useful especially for the mobile OCR work.

Even so the camera on the N86 knocks spots off anything the iPhone can do which
it admittedly has a good colour processing algorithm but in terms of facilities
notably the lack of a flash means it just isn't there.  It is a tight squeeze
in those iPhones to get a camera in, even tighter on the iPod touch which
turned out to be abortive at the last minute anyway.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support
www.sightandsound.co.uk

Mail:
Tristram: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone:
Support line: 0845 634 7979

Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England and
Wales, with company number 1408275.

Sight and Sound Technology
Welton House North Wing
Summerhouse Road