[access-uk] Re: New phone

  • From: "Clive Pallett" <clive.pallett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2007 17:30:08 -0000

Hello Andy,

Like you, I had the Nokia 6600 and know very well what you mean about
the small buttons either side of the screen.  I now have the Nokia N91
which I think you would find easier to use.  It has a slide cover
which is used for accessing the music player and is slid down to
expose the keypad.  The keys are raised bars with a cut-out on the 5
and two small keys, the edit key (used for Talks) is on the left
between the 1 and 4, the clear key is on the right between the 3 and
6.  Just below the screen are four small bar-shaped buttons, two
either side of the five-way joystick.  On the left are soft key 1 and
call/send, on the right are soft key 2 and end/cancel.  There are two
round buttons on the top-left edge above the speaker grill, these are
up/down volume.  the round button on the top-right edge takes you to
the phone's main menu.  There is a standard headphone socket on the
top-right and the charger socket is bottom left.  Also, on the left
edge near the bottom is a USB port so it is a breeze to copy folders
and files to and from your PC.  The phone is perfect for music and
podcasts but I would recommend connecting it to your wireless network
for downloading.  You have plenty of storage space as the phone has a
4GB hard drive.  It is a brilliant phone and I'm glad I upgraded.

Hope the above helps.

Best wishes,

Clive Pallett