[access-uk] Re: New iPhone questions, please?

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <jackie.cairnsplace@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 09:18:50 -0000

Hi Carol

Just things like keeping my finger on the screen and sliding it across so
that the icons are read out as I go, rather than  me lifting my finger and
dabbing at them, which is what I had a tendency to do.  And he showed me how
to get rid of unwanted messages which I do in some way or other.  He also
took a picture of Martin and I together and placed this on both my iPod
Touch and iPhone so you can see it when you unlock the screen.  It's just a
personal touch that I wanted to have on my devices.

I'm now beginning to get used to texting.  It's a long way round for a
shortcut if you ask me, but I'm determined, so that helps! (smiles).

Ian has also been playing with the Mac while here, and likes it better than
Windows in some respects.  He prefers the graphics, and loves the keyboard,
not to mention its size.  He also thought VoiceOver was a vast improvement
to Eloquence for listening to which I found rather interesting.

Kind Regards,

Jackie Cairns
J&M Work-Ability

jandm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx