[access-uk] Re: New iPhone questions, please?

Hi Jackie,

I'd say it took at least 2 weeks of using the on-screen keyboard before I
started to feel reasonably comfortable.  Allot of frustration!  I've now got
the Wireless keyboard and of course it's wonderful.  I'm very glad though
that I spent several months with the on-screen keyboard and controls though
first!  

Barry.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
> Behalf Of Jackie Cairns
> Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 9:30 AM
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: New iPhone questions, please?
> 
> Hi Ed
> 
> Getting there, painfully slowly.  I dread the phone ringing or a text
> coming
> in, but I'm beginning to get round it without the keyboard and using my
> fingers.  I guess everyone has gone through this to get to where they
> are in
> using an iPhone competently.  I've got my son coming over tonight for a
> long
> weekend, and I'm going to get him to turn VoiceOver on on his iPhone,
> then
> we can have a proper dual!! (smile).
> 
> 
> Kind Regards,
> 
> Jackie Cairns
> J&M Work-Ability
> 
> jandm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.work-ability.co.uk
> -----Original Message-----
> From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
> Behalf Of
> Edward Green
> Sent: 04 March 2011 00:11
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: New iPhone questions, please?
> 
> Hi Jackie,
> 
> Sticking 2 fingers up will continuously read a book to you in iBooks.
> Actually it won't, but flicking upwards with 2 fingers will and I
> couldn't
> resist the joke.
> 
> Ed
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
> Behalf Of
> Jackie Cairns
> Sent: 03 March 2011 10:58
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: New iPhone questions, please?
> 
> Thanks Ed, very helpful and stuff worth saving for future reference.
> I'm
> kind of getting there, but it's rather a case of sticking two fingers
> up at
> the moment than gesturing with the phone itself.  I've been practising
> the
> gestures within VoiceOver, and they seem to work, but what a faff to
> answer
> a call or delete something.  And as for forwarding a joke, well let's
> just
> say my friends will have to wait a bit longer for them!! (smile).
> 
> 
> Kind Regards,
> 
> Jackie Cairns
> J&M Work-Ability
> 
> jandm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.work-ability.co.uk
> -----Original Message-----
> From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
> Behalf Of
> Edward Green
> Sent: 03 March 2011 06:32
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] Re: New iPhone questions, please?
> 
> Hi Jackie,
> 
> Apologies if someone has answered your questions already, but I haven't
> seen
> a reply.
> 
> To delete a contact, open it, and double tap on edit.  Then flick with
> three
> fingers to the right.  Your iPhone should say something like "rows 3 to
> 8 of
> 8".  The delete contact option should have appeared after "add field".
> If
> for some reason flicking with three fingers to the right doesn't work
> initially, flick with one finger until you're a little further down the
> list
> of fields already visible.
> 
> You'll see that you already have some options to delete different
> numbers
> without doing the 3-fingered flick, but this will leave you with a
> blank
> contact unless you use the delete contact option.
> 
> There are a couple of ways to answer calls.  You can either do a 2-
> fingered
> double tap which is the quickest if you are comfortable with the
> gesture.
> If not though, then you can use the standard flick right or left with
> one
> finger gestures to navigate the screen.  You will see a "slide to
> answer"
> option.  Double tapping on this (with one finger) will also answer the
> call.
> This sounds longer but, as I say, you may find you're able to
> accomplish it
> quickly enough if the 2-fingered double tap is giving you problems.
> 
> I'm afraid I don't know how to turn the voicemail off on o2.  Could it
> be
> somewhere in the message settings when you ring the 901 number?
> Alternatively, are you able to change either there or on the phone
> itself
> how long it takes for the voicemail to kick in? You could always
> lengthen
> this interval if so.
> 
> Hope this helps.
> 
> Ed
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
> Behalf Of
> Jackie Cairns
> Sent: 02 March 2011 14:20
> To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [access-uk] New iPhone questions, please?
> 
> Well, all the contacts are in now, but I have a few questions please?
> 
> 1.  How do I remove an unwanted contact?
> 
> 2.  What does one do to delete read or unwanted messages to be
> discarded?
> 
> 3.  I'm still having finger gesture problems, so don't always manage to
> answer the phone until Voicemail kicks in.  As I'm on O2, what is the
> number
> to turn Voicemail off.  I know it is 901 to dial it.
> 
> Getting there, but finding it a bit frustrating at times.  For example,
> I
> don't like the way a text message alert will sound when you are talking
> to
> someone on the phone, and VoiceOver reads out the text message you have
> just
> received.  Is there a way of stopping it?
> 
> Thanks for your help as ever.
> 
> Kind Regards,
> 
> Jackie Cairns
> J&M Work-Ability
> 
> jandm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> www.work-ability.co.uk
> 
> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ** and in the Subject line type
> ** unsubscribe
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
> ** immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> ** or send a message, to
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
> 
> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ** and in the Subject line type
> ** unsubscribe
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
> ** immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> ** or send a message, to
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
> 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 9.0.872 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3478 - Release Date:
> 03/02/11
> 19:34:00
> 
> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ** and in the Subject line type
> ** unsubscribe
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
> ** immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> ** or send a message, to
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
> 
> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ** and in the Subject line type
> ** unsubscribe
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
> ** immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> ** or send a message, to
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq
> 
> No virus found in this incoming message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 9.0.872 / Virus Database: 271.1.1/3478 - Release Date:
> 03/02/11
> 19:34:00
> 
> ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
> ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> ** and in the Subject line type
> ** unsubscribe
> ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
> ** immediately-following link:-
> ** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
> ** or send a message, to
> ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq


** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=unsubscribe]
** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
** and in the Subject line type
** unsubscribe
** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click on the
** immediately-following link:-
** [mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]
** or send a message, to
** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:- faq

Other related posts: