[access-uk] Re: New Printer

Hi all.
I have managed to enable sharing on the printer and I was able to find it in Add a network, wireless or bluetooth printer. So am I ok to print wirelessly now? I will have sighted assistance in the morning and we will check it out proper but I think I am started unless someone can tell me otherwise. I also need to get a USB cable as it didn't come with one? Which USB cable do I need to purchase? I thought I could get away with it, but when I tried to scan with the included Abbyy FineReader 6.0 Sprint it said the device is not online. My scanner can be seen with the program and it's a Twain scanner.
Many thanks in advance.
Take care.

Chris Hallsworth

On 31/03/2011 19:56, Elliott Barnes wrote:
You'll probably need sighted help in configuring the printer itself to
connect via WLAN; I believe that has to be done on the printers
interface itself, rather than the software side.

On 31/03/2011, chris hallsworth<christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
Hello all.
I have received my new printer today. It connects via either USB or
wireless. It is a Lexmark X2670 multifunction inkjet printer, which I
got from www.play.com for £24.99. It should have been about £70, but
clearly it was on offer.
Will keep you updated. Trying to get wireless working but understand I
am new to this area and that is why I haven't got Windows 7 to find it
at the moment.
Take care.

--

Chris Hallsworth