[access-uk] Re: New Printer

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 20:50:35 +0100

Hi all.
Well I thought not. Guys, perhaps we should lobby the manufacturers to include all cables with their products. Lol!
Take care.

Chris Hallsworth

On 01/04/2011 19:57, LaMcAs wrote:
New printers never come with a usb cable oddly enough! I'll never understand
why they are not included as it is essential to connect a printer in order
to use it!

And if you think back to your parallel and serial printers - they never came
with a cable either!

Yet most other peripherals usually come with a connecting cable, be it a
phone or other piece of equipment!

Larry&  Elliot GD (Guide Dog)
London, UK

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Elliott Barnes Sent: 31
March 2011 19:56
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

You'll probably need sighted help in configuring the printer itself
to connect via WLAN; I believe that has to be done on the printers
interface itself, rather than the software side.

On 31/03/2011, chris
hallsworth<christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>   wrote:
Hello all.
I have received my new printer today. It connects via either USB or
wireless. It is a Lexmark X2670 multifunction inkjet printer, which
I got from www.play.com for £24.99. It should have been about £70,
but clearly it was on offer. Will keep you updated. Trying to get
wireless working but understand I am new to this area and that is
why I haven't got Windows 7 to find it at the moment.
Take care.

--

Chris Hallsworth
** To leave the list, click on the