[access-uk] New Keyboarrd

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 20:22:15 +0100

Hi all.

I managed to spill a can of lager over my wireless keyboard over the weekend, and have since borrowed my wife's cabled keyboard and mouse.

I withdrew £50 from my bank today and travelled into PC World in Glasgow to purchase a replacement.

I managed to get assistance and found that they only had one cabled keyboard and mouse for sale. All the others were wireless. How times have changed eh?

Anyway, when I asked for the price I was advised that both items came to £11.00. Normally, I'd not bother too much to gain a bargain, I'd mush rather desire a good quality keyboard and mouse and would have paid up to the £50, which I had withdrawn from my bank.

I decided to purchase both the mouse and keyboard and ran home to plug them in. When I opened that terrible plastic covering with sensors, I discovered that the keyboard had a USB connection and the mouse a standard plug.

Anyway, I attached both to my computer and booted up. JAWS announced that new hardware had been detected and even identified this as a USB Keyboard.

The Install Wizard requested me to Continue, Quit or go back. As the keyboard had not been installed, I struggled with my mouse pointer to select and click on Continue, but nothing happened. I've tried using the tab key on the keyboard but again, nothing happens.

My question is. How can I install the new keyboard if the very installation requires keyboard instructions from me?

Best wishes.
Andy