[access-uk] New BBC IPlayer accessability

there has been considerable discussion over the last few days on the launch of
the BBC Flash-based IPlayer on the UK-radio list.

It maybe the primary responsibility for making it fully accessible rests with
the BBC, but screen reader manufacturers might have to improve their act too.
With Sight Village coming up then mention of this to the various companies
including during their demonstrations and seminars could be a way of raising
the need for more to happen on the Flash Player front.

So, I ask that anyone who's as concerned as I am about this should ask all
screen reader vendors to look at what they can do to improve on their current
access to Flash content as it is probable more could be done to improve things
than is presntly being done.

Any opportunity to raise it with the Beeb themselves would be well worthwhile
too, but I dispaire of In Touch taking any note whatsoever of what people say
to them in terms of what they should cover.  None as blind as those who will
not hear?  If you see what I mean.

I'll post an address of a BBC staff member who might be a listening ear if he
agrees to this.

Cheers,
Ray.