[access-uk] Networking

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2009 18:17:36 -0000

Hi all -

I currently have my desk top hard wired to my modem/router via an Ethernet
cable, and my laptop is wireless connected on the same network. My desk top
seems to have died! and so what I want to do is make my laptop my main
computer, and use a netbook as my second machine. I think I would prefer both
machine to be wireless, but not sure what to do! I originally installed the
Netgeer modem/router to the PC, will I have to now install it on the laptop and
make the laptop the first machine on the network? I can't access the old desk
top where the router was originally installed, so can't get access to the pass
key from that machine. Can somebody please tell me what steps I need to take to
achieve the above?

Thanks -

Andy