From: Léonie Watson
Sent: Saturday, January 03, 2009 1:35 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Netbooks

    Flash drives, or solid state drives as they're known because of their lack
of moveable parts, offer much better performance than older hard drive types.
They can store and access data more quickly, withstand shocks and greater
temperature ranges, operate almost silently, and work more efficiently to
provide greater battery efficiency. It's for these reasons, as well as
increasing capacity and dropping costs, that they're proving popular in the
mobile computing market.

Léonie.
--
http://www.tink.co.uk/