[access-uk] Re: Netbooks

  • From: Léonie Watson <tink@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 13:35:39 -0000

    Flash drives, or solid state drives as they're known because of their
lack of moveable parts, offer much better performance than older hard drive
types. They can store and access data more quickly, withstand shocks and
greater temperature ranges, operate almost silently, and work more
efficiently to provide greater battery efficiency. It's for these reasons,
as well as increasing capacity and dropping costs, that they're proving
popular in the mobile computing market.

Léonie.

--
http://www.tink.co.uk/