[access-uk] Re: Netbooks

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2009 12:12:01 +0000

If your going to be moving around a lot when using it and want a fast boot up time the Asus netbooks with the flash hard drives may be good. I don't know but I guess they might be quieter too.

At 08:09 03/01/2009, you wrote:
Hi Andy

Just my own personal thoughts:

I went for the Asus even though it has a small memory as Steve says. Mainly because I don't want it to store files on and with a larger memory I felt I might be tempted to do this and slow the whole thing down. Mine is an Asus Eee PC 901 and has everything I need - Bluetooth, wireless, memory card slot, three USB ports etc. The keys are not too small either. A few things - The right hand shift is in a different place, there is no control on the right side and the Enter key is not its usual shape. Once you get used to these things it is a great little piece of kit. It is practically silent even when the fan is going, the speakers are not at all tinny as they were with my larger laptop and even with 1GB of RAM it is very fast, especially when on the Internet via my wireless connection.

I got mine on Amazon not Play simply because they had a nice little pink one, but I don't suppose that would appeal to you!

With all the hype about the NC10 on here which would not be as small and neat as mine, I just thought it was about time someone spoke up for the poor old Asuses!

Barbara