[access-uk] Re: NetGem I-Player AD Set Top Box - Station Identification

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 18:30:57 -0000

I seem to recall on this one that it had been found that updating the
firmware beyond a certain version caused the disappearance of the
voice tags that did work.  So I stick with the original version of the
firmware.

I wonder why someone cannot take up independent updating of the voice
tagging?  The company doesn't stand to loose anything by allowing that
if someone were to take it up.  Suppose though that the Netgem will or
is becoming a thing of the past as we get Freeview sets and boxes with
AD, though I don't know that these will actually announce what channel
you are viewing.

From Ray
I can be contacted off-list at:
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx