[access-uk] Re: Need a rain detector

A friend of mine has rigged one up using a liquid level indicator attached
to a funnel.  The funnel avoids spurious results, as when it rains the water
will trickle down the funnel and then hit the LLI, thus causing it to beep.
The whole thing is than connected to a door alarm which will ring alerting
the user that it is raining.

I think some call it a Heath Robertson job but it works, and didn't cost
anything as he already had a LLI he wasn't using.

You may give this one a go, or you may want something a little more
polished.  Unfortunately I can't help with the latter.

HTH anyway.

_______________________________________
Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,