[access-uk] Re: National Library: Audio books in synthetic speech trial

  • From: "mary" <m.tottle1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 22:17:44 +0100

Hi Ray,

I took part in the trial and found most of the voices dreadful. A couple of them were listenable to if you were waiting desperately for an early copy of a book. I think they definitely need to improve on the voices. Even the one used for the TV Guide I find too jerky to listen to for long. I think it also depends on the type of book. If somebody was looking through a recipe book quickly to find one particular item, then I think the voice used for the TV guide would be OK.

Regards

Mary
----- Original Message ----- From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>