[access-uk] Re: National Library: Audio books in synthetic speech trial

  • From: "Ray's Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 11:26:10 +0100

Not sure which thread or discussion you might be refering to,  but I am Not
sure that the 'majority' have been heard from, here at least.  what would be
wrong in NLB getting into human reading of books, which needn't and shouldn't
mean duplicating of Talking Book titles.  Maybe that the 'evidence' from their
own findings might suggest that too.

No doubt change is inevitable, but a crude majoritarian view isn't what is
called for.

Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx