[access-uk] Re: Nano notetaker/organiser

  • From: "Andrew Hodgson" <andrew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 12:30:15 +0100

Hi all,

The Nano does sound an interesting device as an organiser - i.e, a replacement
to the Voicemate, though there is the Tadi which is slightly cheaper than the
Nano, and is possibly smaller?

How large is the Nano in terms of other devices?

Thanks.
Andrew.

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf
Of Steve Nutt

Hi Graham,

One difference to be aware of, is the Nano has a non-user-replacable
rechargable battery, whereas the Voice Mate used standard batteries.

To say that it replaces these types of product is probably accurate, except
the Nano uses no voice recognition at all.  It allows you to record, but you
can't speak to it.  So the only way to find an appointment is to browse
them, or type the first letters of the contact you seek.  I would say if you
are proficient at Braille, you will get round the Nano very quickly, but if
you are not, this is certainly still do-able, but takes a little more time,
since you have to select and enter letters using the cursor keys.

Finally, the games are fun.  I am addicted to Blackjack, and it is nice to
have a handheld unit that will let you play games.  That's my take on the
Nano, an interesting little product.

All the best
Telephone Low-call:  08452 606 277
International:  +44(0)1438 742286,