[access-uk] Re: NVDA

My understanding about Eloquence is that it is not within the licence terms of NVDA to use it. This could change if enough users have expressed an interest,, as I believe talks are going on about supplying NVDA with a limited version of Eloquence. This, as ever, will not work with any other product, and will cost around £30. This could have changed very recently. It's only fair to emphasise that NVDA itself will remain a free and open source program.

Vince.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Richard Godfrey-McKay" <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tuesday, November 15, 2011 10:41 PM
Subject: [access-uk] Re: NVDA

The voices it comes with aren't that great, but you could use something like
one of the Ivona voices from RNIB which cost £25 each.  You may be able to
use Eloquence if you have an old version which isn't tied to a product, but
I don't know if such use would be within the licence terms.

Richard Godfrey-McKay

Telephone: 01738-445 880

Mobile: 07791 452 593