[access-uk] Re: NTFS AND FAT

Fat works just fine with windows 2k or xp. I opted to run 2k on a fat32 partition here as I still use dos as well.

AS said befoer, the difference is in stability and security to a degree as well as more efficient use of space as ntfs uses smaller cluster sizes if I'm not mistaken.

This said, 2k is nice and stable for me on my fat 32 partitions and I'm for now at least not going to switch to ntfs.

Cheers,

Doris

At 05:43 PM 10/16/2005 +0100, you wrote:
hi it depends on what windows you are using. fat will not work with windows 2000 or xp.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Ali" <alpot@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: "access" <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sunday, October 16, 2005 4:42 PM Subject: [access-uk] NTFS AND FAT

Hi,
what is the main difference between NTFS and FAT?  Is it possible to convert
FAT drive into NTFS and NTFS back to FAT?

Thank you.