[access-uk] Re: N95 8GB firmware

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2008 17:49:05 -0000

Thanks Steve but tell me this one.

I got my phone from Vodafone and the very day I got it with Talks the person in
Vodafone unlocked it for me.  That was fine.  Then I went to Ireland and put in
the Irish SIM card.  On my return and putting back in the Vodafone SIM when I
ring Vodafone Customer Services there recorded voice message says enter your 4
digit PIN.  I do this and they say Thank You, your PIN has been recognized.
Then they say on the recorded message we cannot recognize your phone number but
do hold on as we would like to be able to assist you.  Once I queried this when
the Customer Service person came on the line and they said it is because your
phone was got abroad.  I said it wasn't and then they said they would look in
to it as there was obviously a problem and it could be sorted.  It got sorted
for a few weeks and then it went back to this thing again.  Strange that.  I
guess anyway it does not matter if it is branded as it is just myself using it
and it is unlocked.  Even if I did sell it second hand which I am not planning
right now, what difference would it make to another person really?  They can
use any SIM card in it.

Eleanor