  From: martin wilsher
  To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Sunday, July 19, 2009 4:13 PM
  Subject: [access-uk] Re: Multi Scanner

  hi barbra:

  here is what i found on multi scanner.

  http://www.nokia.com/technology/upcoming-innovations/nokia-multiscanner

  From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Barbara Wilson
  Sent: 19 July 2009 15:45
  To: Access-UK
  Subject: [access-uk] Multi Scanner

  Got a Nokia E71 on the Vodafone network. Not sure if this app is specific to
the phone or network. Wondered if anyone had seen or used it? And if so, what's
it all about?

  In Instalations there is an application called Multi Scanner. Once opened
there are two options, Text Reader or Card Reader. Whichever you are in, if you
press Select a photograph is taken. I presume it takes a photo to recognise
text. I can't say what is displayed on the screen, but if you put a piece of
paper with some text in the view of the camera lense and take a photo, TALKS
just reads a load of random letters, numbers and symbols. I haven't asked
anyone sighted yet, but I don't know if this is because these are the
characters displayed on the screen, or if it's just how TALKS interprets them.
Perhaps this is a text recognition rather like the KNFB Reader but does not
work with TALKS.

  Would be greatful for any feedback. Nowhere is it mentioned in the E71
manual, that makes me think it is a Vodafone app.

  Barbara Wilson
  M: 07917710779
  T: 02887784046
  E: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx