[access-uk] Re: Mp3 to AAC?

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 11:08:05 +0100

Actually the UK iTunes is knocking out singles at 79p a track, though this
may not be the exact equivolent of 99 cents it's not bad, bear in mind VAT
for one thing.  The fact is that goods and services cost differently in
different areas of the world so it is unlikely to all local markets can
reflect a flat international pricing structure unless you know it's going to
cover all your costs and make you a little money in the process.  This could
be very difficult to do when things change in a particular area as regards
running costs.

The traditional entertainment industry is having a hard time whilst new
players in the market shift the balance of power somewhat.  Bypassing the
traditional distribution channels will hopefully create a more competitive
market.  However the fear Ray expresses about the buyouts is a possibility,
nobody knows just yet.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology