[access-uk] Re: Mozilla Firefox

  • From: "Rays Home" <rays-home@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 18:20:31 +0100

I'd endorse the "safer" surfing re. Firefox. It did seem to me that a good deal less spyware was detected by anti-spyware programms after I started using Firefox as my default browser.

I don't claim by any means to have expertise in this area, but the exclusion of Active X functionality is, I think, an important factor here. Do remeber that ie-tab - a plug-in for Firefox, does help get around the limitation of this exclusion. From the start Firefox always handed over to Internet Explorer for Windows Update, and there is no escaping IE for Windows Update.

Now I've got used to Firefox I don't think I'd go back to Internet Explorer.

Cheers,
Ray.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lyn & Twinny" <keanemaniac@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Mozilla Firefox

I also use firefox for the most part with jaws 9 and it works perfectly fine...I also tend to like it better than IE and it is said to be safer too so that is another reason why I mostly use it.
Lyn & Twinny.
*********
skype=keanemaniac
email & MSN=
keanemaniac@xxxxxxxxx

*********
(...) "Say a word or two to brighten my day
Do you think that you could see your way
To lay yourself down And make it so, but you don't want to know
You take much more
Than I'd ever ask for" (...)
(KEANE)