[access-uk] Re: More Sight Village and In touch

  • From: "Ian Macrae" <ian.macrae@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jul 2006 09:40:38 +0100

I really think we should keep this discussion away from the personality
and personal preferences of the presenter.  For one thing it's wrong to
assume that what Peter likes or doesn't like does or doesn't make it on
to the show.  He's not, after all, a guide dog user nor never will be
and yet the programme is often accused of doing too much about guide
dogs at the expense of other things.  like most of us, Peter is
embracing new technology when he can see practical applications and
benefits from doing so.  Like many of us, he's finding it a step
learning curve.  But I have never found him resistant to including
anything in the show regardless of whether or not it interests him.
He's a professional journalist and broadcaster.  Do people think that
Terry Wogan likes every record he plays or refuses to play ones he
doesn't regardless of their popularity.  Of course he doesn't.

From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf

The facts and statistics are all available in an HMSO
Publication.

George.