[access-uk] Re: More Sight Village

  • From: Chipmunks <chipmunks@xxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 23 Jul 2006 08:42:33 +0200

Sorry, i misunderstood. I thought the point was needing information on podcasting.

I'm afraid I don't know much about this conference at all safe for the name.

Cheers,

Doris
At 06:07 AM 7/23/2006 +0100, you wrote:

Doris,

I think you may not quite understand what I'm saying here. I'm talking about those who don't yet know enough about computers and the internet to even be interested in podcatching. There are also plenty of other items in the exhibition which are not specifically hi-tech and it's these that they certainly ought to be talking about.

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Chipmunks" <chipmunks@xxxxxxx> To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2006 12:25 AM Subject: [access-uk] Re: More Sight Village

if you go to

http://accessibleworld.org/show.php?contentid=43

you will find an archive on listening to and making podcasts that you can either listen to online or download to your computer to listen to at your convenience.

there are several accessible podcatcher programs available and with most you can also just download the mp3 and listen to them with the media player of your choice.

hth

Doris

At 11:34 PM 7/22/2006 +0100, you wrote:

Damon,

With respect, still only comparatively few of us use computers on the Internet and are sufficiently up to speed to go and get podcasts. It's surely very important that the biggest and best exhibition of the year should be covered well and as fully as possible for those who just don't, for one reason and another, have this access as yet. I didn't hear "In Touch" but, if indeed it was only a five minute coverage, I'd have been very disappointed.

--
Carol
carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx

----- Original Message ----- From: "Damon" <damon.rose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Sent: Saturday, July 22, 2006 3:03 PM Subject: [access-uk] Re: More Sight Village

To be fair about the In Touch coverage, it went out on the first day of the exhibition. The reporter turned up the day before it all started and grabbed some of the more headline new items being displayed, proper in order to get something on air quickly. In Touch usually puts out reports the week after Sight Village, a retrospective report. Doing it this way round meant that people could listen to the show and may also then be able to pay a trip to Sight Village themseles. So this has an added benefit to all exhibitors whether their products and services were mentioned or not.

Hope this helps ... no one is ever really happy with the coverage no matter how it's done or by who.

It should also be noted that the coverage from the online blind community is getting bigger and better. When it comes to niche content, the internet is the best platform and is also interactive - a 20 minute weekly radio show can only act as a small window onto what's going on.

...Damon

----- Original Message ----- From: "Brian Hartgen" <brian@xxxxxxxxxxx>