[access-uk] Re: Monitors and Radiation

  • From: "Colin @ New Vision" <cph.newvision@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 14:27:19 +0100

Hi Justin

You are right in saying LCD monitors do not cause radiation problems.
Normal CRT monitors that conform to the MPR11 standard assume that most
people are going to sit at least 20" from the screen. This is not the case
with most VI computer users they all tend to sit closer than 20".
Therefore radiation can become an issue.

Regards
Colin