From: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Ray's Home
Sent: September 5, 2005 8:35 PM
To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [access-uk] Re: Moderators request once more: Subject naming

I'd like to add my appreciation for the explanations given, and as Kevin
says,

"the problem i've found as a list owner and | moderator is a lot of folks are
simply too bone idol to think about it like
| that. no offense meant to anyone in particular, but it's the truth! ..."

I can understand the frustration being expressed here, but many of us do not
take kindly to being told 'that's the rules, and do it because I say so.'  A
rational explanation influences me a great deal more than being spoken to in
an officious and mildly offensive way.  There should be rules of conduct for
moderators?  (smile)

So, do not get me wrong, I am saying thanks to everyone who has explained the
rationale behind starting a new subject as against merely using the original
as a convenient way of getting the group email address into a message.
Ray

Personal emails:  Email me at
mailto:ray-48@xxxxxxxx