[access-uk] Re: Moderators on the list!

  • From: "Angel" <angel238@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 12:52:41 -0400

It is a matter of respect or the lack of it.  My father was born in 1897 and
he was in his fifties when I was born.  Though he did swear vociferously he
never swore before ladies, and when a lady entered a room he stopped
swearing.  You wouldn't swear before a none or before the queen of England
would you?  Thus we should never swear before children or ladies even though
we know they well are aware of the words.  As an aside.  He dissuaded me
from frequenting bars as he said
"ladies" who were ladies wouldn't go to such places.  I miss that sort of
quaint gallantry these days.  We would do well to bring much of that back.