[access-uk] Re: Mobile phone recommendations

  • From: chris hallsworth <christopherh40@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jan 2011 13:56:38 +0000

Hi Mark.
Some friends of mine have an N86. They are having no problems with it. Not sure where you can get one though but I'm sure Recycle It may be of some help. It should provide all the features you need and should work with the reader you mentioned due to its very powerful camera. This is a slide phone with multimedia keys at one end and a standard, well spaced telephone keypad so I have been told, at the other. For a complete list of Talks compatible phones go to www.nuance.com/talks/phones.asp. The N86 is certainly a fully supported phone, however if you cannot get one then this site may be of some help.
Good luck in your research.
Take care.

Chris Hallsworth
You can contact me at the following channels:
E-mail and Facebook: challsworth2@xxxxxxx
MSN: ch9675@xxxxxxxxxxx
Skype: chrishallsworth7266

On 02/01/2011 13:50, Mark Threadgold wrote:
Hi all.

I'm looking for recommendations for a new mobile phone, as my trusty Nokia
9300 is long in the tooth and short on features these days!

Looking for a nice small flip or slide phone that will work with latest
Talks and the Beyo Reader, as well as all the usual modern facilities such
as wifi, stereo Bluetooth and 3g data.  Internet access and email are a
must, and a reasonable mp3 player would be a bonus.

A phone that will allow simultaneous use of a Bluetooth headset and keyboard
would be nice, or one with a built in qwerty keyboard such as the 9300, just
because I'm used to it.

Open to any experiences and suggestions, and would welcome any pointers for
sites with definitive lists of models compatible with Talks and Beyo Reader.

Cheers,

Mark Threadgold

Of all the things I have ever lost, The one I miss most is my mind...