[access-uk] Mobile phone network cards

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 10:39:25 +0100

Guys, following Mark's helpful post to the list on Friday regarding T-Mobile's
proposal to go pay-as-you-go using a USB modem or card in a laptop on the move,
they have confirmed that it is happening in mid-November, but they don't have
any more info at the moment.  The person I spoke to couldn't even tell me how
people would top up or what the amount per day would be, but if I find out
anything else, I'll post to the list.  I'm trying to find out if any other
network does this, but so far I've drawn a blank.

Vodafone suggested that I try Comet or Currys, who sell the cards or modems
independently so you can choose a tariff, but even if I did that, I would
probably only be offered a contract, so I'll keep fishing.

Jackie