[access-uk] Mobile phone network cards

  • From: "Jackie Cairns" <cairnsplace@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2007 14:12:54 +0100

Hi List

Following my posts about wanting to run my laptop using a mobile network card,
I've visited two network stores, T-Mobile and Vodafone.  I didn't go to any
others because I would have forgotten what the first couple told me (smile.)

Regarding T-Mobile, they could offer me a USB modem to plug into my laptop
which, the chap in the shop assured me, would be better than a card.  For
£29.99 a month for 12 months minimum, I could download 3GB a day under the fair
usage policy, which includes surfing and Email etc.  He said the speed would be
about 3.6.

Vodafone offered a 2GB per day plan for a minimum of 18 months for the same
price, using either USB or a card.

Frankly I can't find anything on a pay-as-you-go basis, so I wouldn't bother.
I don't want to be tied into any contract for the duration I'm looking at.

Thanks to all those who helped me with this one.  I'll just have to be nice to
the nurses and see if they'll let me use my mobile (smile.)

Jackie