[access-uk] Re: Microsoft Gives Mobile Devices a Voice in Europe

  • From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2005 13:51:00 -0000

Hi Andy,

Getting long URLs into the address text box of Internet
Explorer is not too difficult, but you do need to take care.

The first things you have to appreciate is that you cannot
copy and paste more than one line at a time.

Second, take great care to ensure that you know exactly
where the address begins.  For example, if you look below
where the long URL is requoted, you will see that there is a
> sign and a space in front of each line which you must
avoid copying.

Place your cursor at the beginning of the first line of the
address.  In the example below, you will see that the actual
address begins in column 2 - http://.....

Now hold down your shift key, and keeping it held down,
press the End key.  This will highlight the line.

Hold down the Ctrl key, and with it held down, press c,
which copies the line to the clipboard.

Go to Internet Explorer, make sure the address line is
blank, and your cursor is at the beginning of it.  Hold down
Ctrl, and press v.  This will paste the line you have just
copied above.

Pres the End key to ensure your cursor is now at the end of
what you have just pasted.

described above.

Back to Explorer, and Ctrl v to paste the second line, and
again press End to ensure your cursor is at the end again.

Repeat until you have pasted the whole address is place.

Once you have done that, you can tell Explorer to go.

George.

address
> links as the very long one George has posted in his below
> message, that goes directly to required information. I
know
> how to send a link to a webpage, but don't know how to
write
> a link to a link on a web page.
>
> When I say I know how to send a link to a page, I always
have
> had to type it in, because I don't know how to Copy And
Paste
> web addresses!
>
> Hope I'm being clear -
>
> Andy

Search=Voice+Command.

> There is a demo available, but right now I don't have time
> to try it as I'm expecting a visitor.
>
> George.

http://www.handango.co.uk/PlatformProductDetail.jsp?productT

ype=2&optionId=1_2_2&jid=X48X8893E682A7CBFX65X5CA8F218725&pl

atformId=2&siteId=172&productId=151270&sectionId=0&catalog=3
> 0&txtSearch=Voice+Command

Bell
> > Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 10:16 AM
> > To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > Subject: [access-uk] Re: Microsoft Gives Mobile Devices
> > Voice in Europe
> >

> > I have absolutely no idea, Steve.  I just saw the
article
> the
> > morning myself, and thought it might be of interest to
> everyone here.
> >
> > Someone here also asked about the voice.  All I'd
suggest
> > there is that Microsoft will most likely be aiming at
> > "sighted Jo Public" and the fact that it's potentially a
> > hands free device.  Hence, I would expect a decent
quality
> voice.
> >
> > George.

immediately-following
> > link:-
> > > **

> > > ** If this link doesn't work then send a message to:
> > > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > ** and in the Subject line type
> > > ** unsubscribe
> > > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode,
click
[mailto:access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx?subject=faq]

Date:
> 04/03/2005
> >

> > ** To leave the list, click on the immediately-following
> link:-
> > **

> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > ** and in the Subject line type
> > ** unsubscribe
> > ** For other list commands such as vacation mode, click
on
> the
> > ** immediately-following link:-
> > ** or send a message, to
> > ** access-uk-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx with the Subject:-
faq

> This Message has been scanned for viruses by McAfee
Groupshield.
link:-
> **
the