[access-uk] Messages during a download.

  • From: chairman@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 16:21:15 +0100

Greetings,

Maybe I'm thick or something, but I've been wondering exactly what the
following means.

When downloading (say, virus updates), I've noticed the following message
(numbers are totally out of the air and in themselves have no meaning):

Bytes received  1234.5kb (50%)  -  File size 9876.5kb  ( 9742.1 kb )

I am wondering what the final number in () means as it does not seem to
bear any relation to either bytes received or file size.

All the best

from:

Colin R. Howard.