[access-uk] Re: Mesh Computers, any thoughts?

  • From: Joe Paton <joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 Jul 2006 07:00:30 +0100

Hi Steve,

no personal experience of Mesh, colleagues have though. I'm afraid it's the age old problem of support. Based on what I have heard I wouldn't give them my money, but again, we are fortunate we have used the same supplier for the last 10 years, and have no intention of changing. That doesn't help you though. I reckon it's worth building a relationship with a local supplier if you can, if there is one, Saves shipping boxes around the country and you can keep a good eye on his or her work. This way you could select perhaps the components yourself, pick the best quality, prefered manufacturer, at expected prices. You could have a top class machine built this way.

Regards,

Joe Paton

At 00:20 02/07/2006 +0100, you wrote:
Hi All,

In my quest for a new machine I've racked my brains and come up with several
possibilities but with some reservations from people.

Any thoughts on Mesh?

I know PC's are very subjective and I'm going to have to settle on a system
this week but wondered if anyone had any experience of these guys.

Spec is as follows, pretty impressive for £615 all in.

Elite² D805
System Base Price: £ 424.68
Intel® Pentium® D 930 Dual Core (3.0GHz,2MB Cache,800MHz) [upg £ 50.00]
Genuine Windows® XP Media Center Edition 2005
Mini-Tower Micro ATX Case +250W PSU - Black
ASUS P5RD2-VM - ATI Xpress 200 PCI Express,DDR2 Pentium 4/D/EE Mainboard -
Micro ATX
1024MB DDR2 Memory - 533MHz (2x512)
250GB Serial ATA Hard Drive with 16MB Buffer
SONY 16x Dual Layer DVD-Re-Writable +R/-R/RW
128MB ATI Radeon X300 Graphics(onboard-SMA)
19" TFT LCD Monitor with Multi Media, DVI & Analogue (8ms)
5.1 High Definition 6 Channel Audio Codec (on-board)
Logitech Desktop Keyboard & Optical Mouse
Free Microsoft® Works® 8.5 + 60 Days Microsoft Office Trial
Free Cyberlink Video Editing Suite - 7 titles (oem)
BullGuard Internet Security 6.0 -AntiVirus/Firewall/Backup/Spamfilter -90
day trial
Network Ready integrated 10/100 Ethernet
Internal 33-in-1 Memory Card Reader [upg £ 10.00]
Classic Warranty - 3 Years Back-to-Base - Parts & Labour

Look forward to hearing from anyone.

Steve