[access-uk] Re: Memory query

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tris-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:27:34 +0100

It sounds like a straightforward question but due to vast proliferation of
different memory types and variations in motherboard design this is actually
not so straight to answeer.

The cost can vary as much as about £25 for a single 256MB DIMM to sometthing
into £130 for a matched pair of RDRAM chips for the same memory.  The latter
are less likely in the field, but they are both sufficiently hard to find and
suffiently expensive to make one thiink twice before doing the upgrade.

If you can post any details of what type of memory it may be easier to answer
the question.  If the PC is from a big name it may be worth seeking assistance
from the manufacturer unless one isvery savvy about memory types suitable.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support