[access-uk] Media Center again

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2007 21:41:37 -0000

Hi all.

I recently purchased the Zoostorm 2-5402  from PC Next Day.  This runs on
the Microsoft Windows XP Media Center 2005 Edition, though a copy of XP
Professional was installed to assist customers set the system up.  I
received a pack titled something like Media Center Quick Start.  This
contained three CD's.

Over the weekend my wife Pauline assisted me install the Media Center disks
and almost immediately, I was asked for files from SP2 and advised to insert
my disk.  Well, I was not provided with SP2 on any of the disks that came
with the computer, so I decided just to insert the three Media Center disks.
Well, my computer looked as though it was busy for about half an hour then
asked me to re-boot.

Once back on the Desk-top, nothing looked any different from the XP Pro set
up I had prior to installing, so I ran Run and typed in Command then Ver and
was told that I was running Microsoft Windows XP version 5.1.

Is this the Media Center OS?  If not how can I find out if it has been
installed.  And, should there be any visible difference in the appearance or
anything?

Also, just in case it has not installed, then perhaps I should visit
Microsoft and get the XP Pro SP2, then attempt again to install the Media
Center disks?  Does this sound right guys?

Any advise would be very welcomed.

Best wishes.

Andy