[access-uk] Re: MP3'S FROM PLAY.COM

  • From: "ANDY COLLINS" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 10:39:23 -0000

Hi Steve -

I'm not sure what you mean when you say:

"I would only imagine this happening if you didn't click the sample on the
correct album."

I can't recall the name of the album I was listening to samples from, but it was some sort of Drifters collection, a sort of best of, and all the tracks, be it *under the boardwalk* or *up on the roof*, were the wrong versions, I'm not saying it wasn't the drifters, cos it was, but not the correct release of the song.

I'm not actually looking for any drifters music, I have what I want of theirs, and all the correct recordings <smile> I just picked on them as an artrist to search for, but it equally could have been anybody, I was just familiarising mhyself with Itunes, and trying to get JFW to see the screen.

I was a DJ for many years, and had an ear for the correct recordings of songs, many labels, when releasing back catalogues, especially to smaller labels to market, would often release the wrong version of a song, even radio 2 at times has played old hits, that didn't actually match the version that made the charts!

Just something I feel strongly about, or did, I know a lot of people can't actually remember the original version accurately, so some demo or earlier take by an artist will suffice, but not for me! -

Andy