[access-uk] Re: MORE ON BBC IPLAYER

  • From: "Iain Lackie" <ilackie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 22:33:43 +0100

I had always thought that "audio description" was to do with describing
television programmes. As far as I am concerned, this is not the main problem
with the Iplayer. What we want is access to the volume controls and the ability
to jump back and forward within a programme. Having said that, the sound
quality on the new player is considerably better than the old and I haven't
found any problems in finding the programmes I want to hear.

Iain