[access-uk] Re: MORE ON BBC IPLAYER

  • From: Christopher Maule-Oatway <c.maule@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 10:57:05 +0100

Yesterday I wanted to 'Listen Again' to a BBC radio programme and found myself using the IPlayer for the first time.

The IPlayer window that opened was screen-reader friendly, with links for lowering or raising the volume in 20 per cent steps, as well as for jumping forward by 5 or 15 minutes. Some access keys were listed, but I didn't investigate any further.

This window opened automatically when IPlayer was loaded.

At 09:15 29/07/2008 +0100, you wrote:
In general, the service is neither difficult nor impossible. It is only the volume and the jump functions which are unavailable. I think we need some perspective here.