[access-uk] Re: Loosing Saved Files in outlook Express

  • From: "Tristram Llewellyn" <tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 16:38:11 -0000

One thing you must realise about opening attachments directly from
within a message in Outlook Express or for that matter I think Outlook
is that it opens them from a temporary folder.  Therefore if you just
press control+S to save then it will save in the same location and will
be gone by the time you need it.

The best approach with attachments is to "Save" them to a location that
is accessible to you rather than a temporary folder  A compromise might
be that if you do open the attachment directly from the message always
remember to select a folder for the opened attachment to go into before
leaving it then you will be able to find it again.

Regards.

Tristram Llewellyn
Sight and Sound Technology
Technical Support
www.sightandsound.co.uk

Mail:
Tristram: tristram.llewellyn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Technical: Support@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
General - info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Phone:
Support line: 0845 634 7979

Sight and Sound Technology Limited is a company registered in England
and Wales, with company number 1408275.

Sight and Sound Technology
Welton House North Wing
Summerhouse Road