[access-uk] Re: Looking for a headset

  • From: "goshawk on horseback" <goshawk_on_horseback@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 01:51:50 +0100

if you want both good sound for your online radio listening, plus a good
mic, here are details of 3 headsets you may want to think about.
they are a long way from being the cheapest in the world, but probably do
rank about the best, quality and performance wise.

Sennheiser PC 350
Headphones
Headphones Type
Headphones - Binaural
Headphones Form Factor
Ear-cup
Headphones Technology
Dynamic
Connectivity Technology
Wired
Sound Output Mode
Stereo
Response Bandwidth
10 - 26000 Hz
Total Harmonic Distortion (THD)
0.1 %
Sensitivity
108 dB
Impedance
150 Ohm
Diaphragm
1.5 in
Magnet Material
Neodymium
Microphone
Type
Boom
Microphone Operation Mode
Mono
Sensitivity
-38 dB
Response Bandwidth
50 - 16000 Hz

SteelSeries Siberia V2 Headset - 51100
Frequency Response (Mic):
50Hz - 16.000Hz
Connectivity:
1 x 3.5mm Pin
1 x Microphone
Sensitivity (Mic):
-38 dB
Frequency Response (Headset):
10Hz - 28.000Hz
Signal-to-Noise Ratio:
Sensitivity (Headset):
Weight:
680 g

AKG HSC 271
comes with out cable, needs MK HS Studio C cable.
Switchable bass cut filter
Mic Polar pattern: Cardioid
Type prepolarized condenser microphone
Frequency range 20 Hz to 20 kHz
Sensitivity 25 mV/Pa
Max. SPL 126 dB (for 1% THD)
Equivalent noise level 22 dB(A)
Signal/noise ratio (A-weighted) 72 dB
Impedance <=200 ohms
Recommended load impedance >=2.000 ohms
Supply voltage 9 to 52 V phantom power
Current consumption <=2 mA
Headphone Frequency range HSC 271: 16 Hz to 28 kHz
Sensitivity 94 dB SPL/mW
Rated impedance 55 ohms
THD HSC 271: <0.3 %

I have only included the tech spec info, other info on these should be easy
to find online.
hope this helps, but please do get back to me if you would like any other
info on any of these sets.

Simon