[access-uk] Re: Long cane training

  • From: "Andy Collins" <Andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 21:56:30 +0100

Hi George -

I'm in Devon, already a guide dog owner, finding that my new dog creates too much distraction when I'm working with clients, and feel I need another form of mobility for these occasions. I've been attempting to join the guide dog list to see if other old-timers like myself are finding that dog mismatching is taking place; so far, it seems to be taking time to have my request to join the list, accepted! So, I'm interested in learning about long cane mobility, but also interested in peoples experience with guide dogs now, compared to 25 plus years ago, and if other GDO's occasionally use long cane in certain circumstances.

Andy

----- Original Message ----- From: "George Bell" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>