[access-uk] Re: Logitech speakers

  • From: "Andy Logue" <andy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2006 19:13:33 -0000

Hi Carol.

No. There is an adaptor plug that powers the power satellite and that in turn powers the hold system The model number is SSBS580. I got them from PC World. However, the main reason why I purchased the Soundblaster external card was that it has an Optical/in/out. That means that I can either plug it into my AV unit and play all my music in the next room or plug it into my DVD Recorder and record, via GW the audio described movies that occasionally come up. Nevertheless, it was still worth the £80 or so quid just for the better sound quality. I've only had it a few days and I know that I will never ever return to a standard on-board soundcard. So for £80 or so quid, it was money well spent.

Andy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>