[access-uk] Re: Listen again - again!

  • From: "Carol Pearson" <carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 15:58:44 -0000

Thanks, Amro, I've just never liked Real Player so will try Alternative on another machine that hasn't yet got either of these on it. Thanks for the tips.

--
Carol
carol.pearson29@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On Wednesday, February 25, 2009 11:30 AM (UK time), Amro Bilal at amro_bilal@xxxxxxx said:

Hi Carol, because it's not a hog, isn't full of spyware like Real
Player is, doesn't install itself everywhere, has a friendly and easy
to use interface etc. I've always hated the way Real Player operates
but just Google Real Alternative and read what people have to say.

Quite a few places to download from. Again Google Real Alternative.
Unless you want to do advanced audio editing and stuff, the version
you want is "K-Lite Codec Pack". You could play almost any media
format found on the net with this edition. I use version 1.8, but I
don't know if this is the latest version.

Two things to be aware of. You can't have both Real Player and Real
Alternative installed at the same time on your computer; Alternative
wouldn't work then.

Secondly, if using Jaws 8 or above, after you install and run the
application, set Screen Echo to none from the Jaws Config manager/Jaws
Verbosity dialog for this little neat app.

HTH,
Amro