[access-uk] Re: Leaving BT

I think Tiscalli have one of these one of these LLU unbundled jobs which
means the cable from at the end of your street or something like that
belongs to tiscali rather than BT.  I know Tiscali runs LLU services for
other providers such as plus.net certainly.

On this subject though, I have to say I know many who have had horror
stories with NTL which is now part of Vergin Media.  Problems have included
disconnected phones not dealt with, very slow internet speeds and a really
shockingly poor helpline.  I think NTL was on watchdog for this.

If you got a poor service from BT though, I suppose it can't get any worse
so give it a go.  If you get good download speeds from BT (the BT line I
mean rather than the BT ISP, then stick with your ISP.

This being said, I have done a lot of work training people at home on the BT
ISP and I have to say I wouldn't touch it.  It is unreliable for a start in
comparison to others and not really that cheap.

Cheers

Graham
Graham Page
Home Phone: 0207 265 9493