[access-uk] Re: Leaving BT

  • From: "James O'Dell" <jamesodell@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <access-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 20:55:38 +0100

Simon

A word of warning: we have found broadband speeds on virgin ADSL to be very poor, especially at peak times when we have often been downloading at aorund 20kbps (i.e. three times faster than dial-up). We have just canceld our virgin contract after less than a week of activation, only just got out before they switched the phone over to Virgin, which would have left us in a 12-month contract. Sounds like good value, but in our experience performance isn't up to much. Am now switching to Waitrose Broadband, which can't be much worse.

Cheers, and good luck.

James
----- Original Message ----- From: "simon.dowling" <simodowl@xxxxxxxxxxx>